- 25ml extra virgin olive oil
- 75ml rapeseed oil
- 650g aubergines, cut into pieces
- 150ml garlic oil
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5g Maldon rock salt
- 5g cracked black pepper
- Heat the oils together in a large frying pan until it begins to smoke.
- Add the aubergine pieces and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Drain off the excess oil and reserve to use in another recipe if desired. Heat the garlic oil in another frying pan and when it is almost smoking, after about 3 minutes, add the cherry tomato halves.
- Place the aubergine pieces in a large bowl, season well, and then tear the basil leaves over the top. Pour the cherry tomatoes/garlic mixture on top of the basil.
- Cover with clingfilm and leave to infuse in a warm place for around 15 minutes. Check the seasoning and serve immediately, adding more basil over the top if preferred.